Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Opiate Optimism

As you can imagine from reading my blogs I get accused a lot of being a “Doom and Gloomer”. I put this phrase in the same category as “Conspiracy Theorist”, for both of them originated from think tanks whose goal it is to turn potentially powerful movements back onto themselves by using the ignorance of the masses through brainwashing via the mass media. Whenever I see a word being used over and over in the mainstream press I know that it is only a matter of time before the anesthetized public gets a hold of it and hurls it as an accusation against one of their more conscious brethren.
What if everything I write is based on research instead of regurgitated media bits? Have I not then earned the title of ‘Realist’? I can assure you that what you cannot see right now will become common knowledge when the time is right, which usually means “too late for anybody to do anything about it”.
I don’t leave anything to faith. I have no reason to believe that there is any leader or expert out there who is working on solving those problems in the world that either directly affect me, or will soon be affecting me. You can sit around watching the football games, drinking your cans of beer, and I salute the validity of your choices. I grant you your freedom to believe that there are people out there with your best interests in mind, people who will fix all of humanity’s current problems in good time. But I’m laying bets on myself, which is why I have chosen to step out of the way and to live on land that provides me with clean air, pure water, and an abundance of organic food.

No comments: